Joint Chair: The role
Council of Governors and Board of Directors of Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (DCH) and Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation Trust (DHC)
Expected time commitment:
Appropriate to the nature and responsibilities of the role
Fair, competitive and commensurate with the scale and nature of the role
Job purpose and summary
- The joint chair has a unique role leading the board of directors of each of DCH and DHC, embodying the Trusts’ values and cultures and, consistent with these, ensuring the highest standards of governance and securing a long-term vision and strategy for the Trusts.
- With the joint chief executive officer (CEO), the joint chair will support better integration of services and care for patients and people who access services through greater collaboration between DCH and DHC incorporating a population health approach to wellbeing and ill-health, delivery of health and care services where needed and improved mental and physical health outcomes.
- With the joint CEO, the joint chair will provide vision, direction and overall leadership to both DCH and DHC and across the Trusts, respecting diversity and difference, and support to the joint CEO in ensuring the provision of high quality care, operational effectiveness and robust clinical governance aligned to the Trusts’ strategic ambitions and priorities.
- The joint chair will support the joint CEO and the wider executive and management teams in ensuring services meet the changing needs of our population and the external environment.
- The joint chair will play an active leadership role in the Dorset integrated care system and promote a culture of collaboration and collaborative and partnership working within, between and outside DCH and DHC, with a range of partners and stakeholders.